Tuesday, January 1, 2008

P.S. I Love You - 1 Tub

Finally, a movie where my face is moist from tears instead of sweat. P.S. I Love You is one of those chick-flicks (I like ‘em) that attract mostly women (some quite attractive). Attractive women don’t eat a lot of popcorn, and if they get a drink, it’s Dasani water with a cap they know how to screw on when they’re not drinking. As a result, cleaning up after this film is a breeze – even when it sells out as it did both evening shows this past Saturday. This is a film that I enjoy lingering in while making theater checks – it’s funny, romantic (like me), actually has a plot, and most importantly, easy to clean. Hilary Swank is beautiful with longer hair and less muscular than she appeared in ‘Million Dollar Baby’. I didn’t pay attention to the guys starring in this movie. Even the couple of guys who were drug along by their girlfriends (husbands wouldn’t do it for their wives) came out with smiles on their faces. I’m sure they picked up some tips about how to make their girlfriends happy, as long as it’s just short of dying.

As my friend Ahkmed, who runs the Marble Slab at Northgate Mall, told my daughter this past weekend, "Look for the positive in even the most negative circumstances." Good advice, when it comes to choosing to live in the past or choosing to have hope in the future. P.S. I Love You is about another chance: another chance to love again, another chance to be happy, and another chance to go back and pick up that trash you left under your theater seat before I get there and call down curses on you and your children and their's. Just do it. You'll feel better if you do (and guilty if you don't).

On the negative side, films that don’t sell concessions tend to not remain long in theaters. It’s all about the money. So see it now or you’ll be waiting for the DVD. ‘P.S. I Love You’ gets the highest rating: One tub!

No comments: