Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything - A VeggieTales Movie

The title says it all. Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of the VeggieTales and I especially dislike their theme music. Go ahead, tell me I'm not a good Christian. The parents who bring their children to see this movie aren't very Christian in the way they leave the theater. While scripture doesn't really say, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness", it ought to; and Christian parents should take better care to ensure that their children do not make an unnecessary mess.....but the current generation never learned to clean up after themselves, so it all goes back to that other scripture - "Train up your child in the ways they should go and when they get old they won't depart from it." But fail to teach them to pick up after themselves and they can't teach their kids what they weren't taught and before you know it, we've got a world of sloppy gluttons rutting like pigs in a trough.

To be honest, which means that some of the other stuff I tell you might not be 100% truthful, except for opening weekend, this movie isn't getting a lot of business. On Tuesday we sold zero tickets to this movie. And somehow I still found popcorn on the floor. Apparently people were sneaking in from other auditoriums - another unChristian thing in direct violation of the addendums and amendments to the 10 Commandments of Theater Attendance. As the faithful scribe of this website, I am careful to edit when I'm led by the Spirit or a spirit.

Truthfully, (there I go again) the only reason to see this movie is if you're a diehard and tonedeaf VeggieTale fan. I sat in on about 45 minutes of the movie and fell asleep. Perhaps we've been spoiled by the great graphics in other animated films and there's only so much you can do with a cucumber or pepper that's G-rated. The theme the film tackles - facing our fears - is a worthy one; I'd just like to see it done with more blood and guts than with V8 juice.

1 comment:

Larry McGarr said...

I forgot to assign a rating: 3 Tubs - but only because it's not very crowded.