Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Charlie Wilson's War - 3 Tubs

From what I’ve gathered from people who have seen this movie (it’s on my list on one of my nights off) – this is a powerful film, even if attendance hasn’t been that great. “August Rush” was another sleeper that people overlooked but will probably earn an Oscar nomination.

This movie allows Tom Hanks to return to his roots of comedy in a few scenes in this movie, while at the same time tackling serious issues which lead up to empowering the same terrorists we're fighting today. It's a good change from his flop in DaVinci Code. Julia Roberts, once able to dazzle me with that huge smile in ‘Pretty Woman’ is starting to show her age a bit. ‘Charlie Wilson’s War could be perceived as one of those ‘political movies’ that usually ends up flopping at the box office, but I think it’s more substantive than those films and worth viewing.

Cleaning this theater is a crapshoot: one time it’s a mess; the next time you can’t tell anyone consumed anything. I did find two small airline bottles of vodka the other night. And sixty cents. Not enough to buy a tank or a jet airplane, but it’s going in my lottery fund instead of fund future terrorists.

No comments: