Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins - 4 Tubs

You know what? This was a funny movie. There isn't much else showing right now, and it's nice to have another black movie that promotes family values. And you know what else? It's not quite as filthy as I thought it would be. The majority of viewers are actually taking their trash with them? Of course a handful of people can do some serious damage, but I haven't yet worked up a sweat cleaning the theater - one of the measurements I use in handing out the worst rating of '5'.

You might remember Michael Clarke Duncan as the giant from the movie "The Green Mile". He plays a supporting role in Roscoe Jenkins but he's actually quite funny. Nicole Parker Kodjoe is gorgeous in her role as Lucinda, the former high school prom queen and teen crush of Martin Lawrence's character, R.J..... (I don't know why I'm giving you this movie critique. You can read enough of those online. What you won't find elsewhere is my unique take on what happens at the theaters during these movies.)

Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins is just one of those popular movies that attracts all kinds of people. Some are neat, some aren't. Some will go to Heaven, some won't. I'm not saying that people who leave their trash in my theater are going to Hell, but they're pointed in that direction. Go see the movie and have fun, then take your stinking trash with you when you leave:)

No comments: