Monday, February 25, 2008

The Spiderwick Chronicles - 4 Tubs

I don't know why people think I'm so negative all the time; just because I point out some societal flaws that probably hit too close to home. Some people say they wouldn't want to hang out with me because of my negativity. What made them think I'd want to hang out with them? People who whine about whiners really need to get a life. Critiquing movie theaters after people trash them is what this website is all about. If you wanted cum-ba-ya, join the A.A. They'll accept losers and whiners.

Spiderwick is a typical family movie - lots of trash. Unfortunately, not a lot of fans are coming to see the film. I've seen the first half hour or so. It's OK, just as good as The Golden Compass, not as good as Narnia or Lord of the Rings.

The other day there was only one patron in the 7:30 showing. It was freezing outside, but this guy came in wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I think he was gay because he was too cheerful; maybe he was a Christian. Hard to tell sometimes.

When I went in to make a theater check, this guy is sitting on the very front row. Now, he's got the entire theater to himself and he sits where you have to bend your neck backward to see the movie. No crime there, just not the best choice of seating.

The next day he's back to see Fool's Gold. Maybe he's unemployed; but if he is unemployed, where'd he get the money to come to movies and why is he so happy? Maybe he's one of those guys some people who read this blog want me to become - positive and forgiving. Well, that's probably not going to happen. I have to do this stuff at work on my lunch hour and I'm usually pressed for time and distracted by people talking too loud in the cubicles surrounding me. After all, it's really hard to be critical and positive at the same time. Now if I were making money from this website I probably could say something nice once and awhile.

Perhaps if I were like Hogsqueal from the Spiderwick movie, I could spit into the eyes of those who fail to see the link between the way people leave the theater and the respect they have for themselves and other people. Of course, my viewpoint could be equally distorted. As Arthur Spiderwick says, “Once you see, you will never see the same again.”

No comments: