Thursday, February 21, 2008

Definitely, Maybe - 2 Tubs

Definitely, Maybe is a cute story about a girl discovering which of her father's former girlfriends is her real mother. It attracts lots of chicks, thus it is easy to clean. Enough said.

Last night was really slow at the theater and I wasn't always rushing from auditorium to auditorium. Fortunately, I was sweeping in the front of the lobby when three beautiful young women entered. For as long as I've been working at the theater, these three chicks have shown up about once a week to watch a movie together. One has lustrous black hair, the other two are blonds, one on crutches. The girl on crutches is the prettiest. I don't know why she's on crutches, but she's been on them a couple of months now. Anyway, these women are what us guys call "Hot!". They're also sweet and they love to laugh. All three look incredibly fit, in a feminine way; and the girl on crutches has the best figure of the three.

I'll admit it, I looked. I tried to look away at two kids playing video games, but the girl on crutches was standing less than two feet away and I had a nice view of her cleavage, which is why I tried to avert my attention. Not only are they more than one guy can handle, they were also less than half my age. I found myself in the position of looking at them as I would my daughters and how I would feel if some old pervert was oggling them. Disgusting old pig!

After opening the door to Definitely, Maybe for them (the other two girls had their arms full of popcorn and sodas), I went back to the concession stand and saw the clerk still smiling. I asked if he knew them and he said no, but he'd heard that they were all exotic dancers. It fit, they had the looks, the figure, the youth, they were pleasant with people, not in a forced way but genuine. Perhaps going to movies was how they spent their nights off; as opposed to say - going to Wednesday night Bible study?

Anyway, I have nothing against exotic dancers. I don't go clubbing, drinking with the buddies, or attend bachelor parties at Thee Doll House, but that's just me. I wouldn't want my daughters working as strippers; Lord knows I don't ever want to see one of them naked. I choose to remember them in diapers and bath tubs, pony tails and playing with Barbie dolls, not with a dance pole. I wonder how the girls' fathers deal with their daughter's chosen vocation. What do they talk about when they meet for lunch? Does dad say, "So, how's work"? And does she respond with, "Great, I made a $100 tip last night on one lap dance!" If the dads are like me, they don't see their daughters as adults, attractive and desirable to other men; but as cute little girls who skipped rope, and rode on their dad's shoulders. Daddy's little girls. The kind of daughters that fathers treat like a princess and hope that they will someday meet a prince who will love and care for them as much as their dad does.

There's a special place in my heart for the one who is on crutches. She's the sweetest as well as the prettiest. Last night when the movie was over, she bent over to pick up her popcorn bag and a few kernals fell onto the floor. Trying to balance herself on her crutches and bend down to pick up the loose popcorn, she almost tumbled onto the row below. She looked down and saw me standing to the side waiting for the customers to leave and said, "I'm really sorry. I tried to pick up my trash but I couldn't manage it." I said "No problem, thank you for trying." I wanted to say that most healthy people were so inconsiderate and lazy they wouldn't take their own trash out. At least she made the effort, so I know that her dad and mom succeeded in instilling some respect and kindness in their beautiful daughter. I'm sure she's one of the kindest and most considerate exotic dancers in the area. The other two took their trash too, and smiled and said "Thank you." as they were leaving. I wish all our customers were as kind, and as hot.

No comments: