Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jumper - 3 Tubs

I really need to get busy on my novel because this movie has absolutely stolen the idea for one of my characters in my book. Too bad I can't accuse them of plagurism since I haven't finished writing the book yet.

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about this movie. It was good, but it could have been much better. There was no explanation of where Jumpers came from, who the Pallatins (sp) are, why his mom didn't play a bigger role in the movie, etc. Sorry if I'm giving anything away here, but I think they're setting us up for a sequel.

As far as the condition of the theater after people leave the movie: Kids, teens and college students included are naturally messy. They can't clean their rooms, do a half-ass job at chores, and don't even try to treat other people's property with respect. I swept up lots of contraband - candy wrappers from candy we don't sell, soda cans - which we don't sell, chewing gum wrappers- nope we don't see that either.

Still, there are enough older people going so that the theater isn't completely trashed. Yesterday was probably the worst. A local mental hospital brought some of their young patients to see the movie. There was popcorn and drinks all over the floor - but at least they've got an excuse. I even found a dollar under the messiest seat. Must have been a tip. I'm using it to buy a lottery ticket Friday in Virginia because the MegaBall lottery is up to $270M. If I win, I'll hire someone to clean up behind me - but I'll pay them really well.

Most people seem to enjoy the movie. I think we all would like the ability to transport anywhere in the world in a split second. We wouldn't need cars or gas so the earth would be greener; but all those auto and oil workers would be out of a job so we'd have more people jumping off skyscrapers. The government would have to create some sort of tracking device so they can keep up with us. Prisons would become obsolete - if found guilty the person is immediately executed, if they can catch him. Spouses would not trust each other because it would be so easy to 'sneak around'. No one would live in Minnesota or Nebraska in the winter, so Florida would soon look like Calcutta.

I guess it's a good thing we aren't able to be omnipresent....

No comments: