Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I don't know how Harrison Ford does it. He's certainly looking his age in the movie; a far cry from the sexy Han Solo in Star Wars. It is said that Ford did a lot of his own stunts in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I doubt he really made that trip in the refrigerator thrown miles by a nuclear blast. I even doubt that he swung on that whip and ended up in the front seat of the deuce-in-half. I suspect that he spent more time in a cast chair with his name on it. At least that's how I would do it if I were the star of this movie.

Despite Indy falling short of Hollywood's expectations over the weekend, lots of people still came out to trash my theater. Opening the movie on Memorial Day weekend may not have been the brightest idea with so many people traveling, but for those of us who couldn't afford the rising gas costs and stayed close to home, coming to a theater must have seemed like a good way to avoid working around the house. The film grossed $126M opening on May 22nd for the extended holiday weekend.

Three people called in last night, making me the only usher. Fortunately for the theater I am the best usher they have. Still, my feet hurt so much by the time I got off last night that I had to walk on the sides of my feet from the car to my house. They hurt this morning. Getting old sucks! Forget about running down steps that are collapsing around you, I had trouble walking down the steps with five soda cups and two tubs of uneaten popcorn in my arms.

According to my odometer, I walked the equivalent of 5 miles at work last night. I remember when I could run 5 miles. I wonder if Harrison needed to put his feet up for a few days after making Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. He probably had someone to massage his feet. Maybe I'll suggest the theater hire feet massagers at this Saturday's employee meeting. It will be dismissed like my last suggestion to purchase plastic bags that won't leak all over the carpets. Rumor has it that Ford is reprising his Jack Ryan role, much like Sylvester Stallone came back with another Rocky (which was good) and Rambo (which wasn't) movie. Perhaps they're going through male menopause. If so, I'll join them. I'm thinking of going back into the Army so I can march twenty miles a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that you called another man sexy?
Its ok Dad.
Just call no homo!

Larry McGarr said...

Me no speakee de language. The views and opinions expressed on this site may or may not accurately express my own views or opinions. Sometimes I don't have an opinion. Sometimes I'll exagerate or distort reality to press a point, if there is one. I can't think of a single guy that I would be sexually attracted to...except those cabaret performers at the Hilton in South Tahoe. The one dressed like Jennifer Lopez/Seleena looked as good as the originals. But you don't need to know that because you're still a teenager and shouldn't see, hear, touch or do anything sexual for another 18 years - and then only after you're married to a guy who's resume and bank account I've pre-approved.