Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Vantage Point - 3 Tubs

Vantage Point is about 8 different perspectives, but only one truth...if there is such a thing. Of course you know my perspective on movie-goers. I understand, but disagree with the perspective that customers have a right to leave a mess just because they pay more to go to movies than they used to, or because they feel they've been ripped off by Hollywood; or because theater staff is paid to clean up behind them (there is no excuse for trashing someone else's property). Perhaps there is another perspective someone can come up with concerning the way people treat theater property, as long as it's not some conspiracy theory or politically correct crap.

I've only seen the first 20 minutes of this movie. The rest of my break was eaten up by the thirteen minutes of commercials and previews. Bad timing on my part. What I've seen has been good, although I've heard that Vantage Point is another one of those movies portraying America as evil and deserving of the hatred of the rest of the world. I don't share these opinions; in fact I'm proud of our country and will probably continue to be proud even if Hillary wins the next election. I've heard that Hillary's not a big tipper when she's out on the town. That's too bad for the waitress who has to bust her butt giving Hillary the special VIP treatment, but I wonder if Hillary wouldn't make as big a mess in my theater as say an epileptic patient trying to hold onto a tub of popcorn while experiencing a seizure. I've heard from reliable sources (Chelsea's former body guard) that Hillary is quite capable of pitching a fit. Not that Hillary has anything to do with this movie, I was just chasing a rabbit....

Vantage Point is reasonably clean because most of it's viewers are educated adults who have some idea of what's going on in the world outside of what they read in the National Enquirer while standing in line at Wal-Mart. I have nothing against Wal-Mart - I buy my groceries, change my oil, and get my hair cut there; but Wal-Mart caters to the people who can't afford to shop at the mall. It's the mall shoppers who are neater than the Wal-Mart shoppers - IMHO. You may have another perspective than I do. Someone else may wonder what Hillary and Wal-Mart have in common with this movie, and the answer would be irresponsible people who think too highly of themselves.

No comments: